- Begin by setting yourself up in a comfortable and upright posture. Chose a space where you can minimize any outer distractions and be sure to remove any background electronic disturbances such as phones, computers, television, etc.
- Settle yourself into the practice with a few moments of resting your attention on the breath. Breathing fully and completely and really immerse yourself in the inhale and the exhale.
- As you begin to listen to the song, focus with intention on the sound and vibration of each note, the feelings that the music brings up within you, and other sensations that are happening "right now" as you listen.
- If other thoughts creep into your head, congratulate yourself for noticing, and gently bring your attention back to the current moment and the music you are hearing.
- Complete this process by adding a little more energy to the breath, feeling the breath travel the entire length of the body, from the crown of the head to the tips of the toes.
You may wish to jot down any sensations that you experienced in the exercise and/or try this exercise with different choices in music. This is
~ Mayuri Gonzalez (RYT-200, Certified Children's Yoga Teacher)